Want to be part of our winning team?
We are always looking for new partnerships.
Donate and feel great!
It is only via the generosity and support of our funding bodies, community partners and local businesses that we are able to support young people in the Blue Mountains.
Donations made to Mountains Youth Services Team Inc. over $2 are tax deductible. MYST (ABN: 19 942 569 473) is a public benevolent institution endorsed by the Australian Tax Office as a deductible gift recipient under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Part of being a great volunteer is loving what you’re doing. Find something that you’re passionate about or something that inspires you, and then find a need in your community. There are dozens of reasons why you should volunteer – you just need to find the one that feels right.
20 great reasons to volunteer
- Help others
- Make a difference
- Find purpose
- Enjoy a meaningful conversation
- Connect with your community
- Feel involved
- Contribute to a cause that you care about
- Use your skills in a productive way
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Explore new areas of interest
- Get out of the house
- Meet good people
- Strengthen your resume
- Impress others
- Impress yourself
- Expand your horizons
- Make new friends
- Feel better about yourself
- Add your own personal reason here…
“Difficult circumstances and relationship breakdown can temporarily impair the success of a young person. On the other hand providing support, consistency and empowerment can transform a young life and their community.”
Visit from Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
MYST is first and foremost a team, and the strength of our organisation and our ongoing success is wholly attributed to the individuals who makeup that team.
From the members of the Management Committee who wrestle with the tough decisions of strategic direction, to our administrators and our passionate staff who work to support each and every young people day after day; we are proud to be Mountains Youth Services Team.
As a Team we are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to improve the lives of the young people we support.
We understand that good governance and a strong dynamic organisation will create the best possible environment for our staff to work and grow.
We recognise that partnerships are integral if we are to support our clients to achieve the best possible life outcomes.
Partner with us to advocate for young people and to extend the opportunities and choices that are available to them.
How Young People can participate at MYST
How you can participate in how we provide support to you:
- Attend meetings and have a say
- Talk to your youth worker and carer about what you want
- Write a letter to be read in the meeting if you’re not attending or talk to your youth worker about the things YOU want on your plan.
- You have a right to participate in planning
How you can shape your own life:
- CONSULTATION: sharing your views with someone involved in decision about your life
- DECIDING TOGETHER: being involved in decision making
- ACTING TOGETHER: sharing power and responsibility for decision-
- SUPPORT: being supported to make independent decision
An appreciation of the differences made by youth work begins from seeing that measurable outcomes are only part of the picture. It is also vital to recognise that helping young people with more intangible outcomes around social and emotional intelligence that will give them the resilience and self-belief to go forward into adulthood.